Implementing a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation in the enterprise with SAFeĀ® 4 Program Consultant Certification based on version 4.5 of SAFe.
To perform the role of a SAFeĀ® Program Consultant (SPC), attendeesĀ should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform Value Stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFeĀ®
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFeĀ® ā Days 1 and 2
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
- Understanding SAFe Principles
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Programs
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Exploring, Executing, and Releasing Value
- Leading a Lean-Agile Enterprise
- Empowering a Lean Portfolio
- Building Large Solutions
Implementing SAFeĀ® ā Days 3 and 4
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming aĀ SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and empower a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
- Understand the economic and business value of a project.
- Make decisions using a systematic approach.
- Plan for potential changes.
- Build products in small increments.
- Set realistic objectives and deadlines.
- Limit batches to the smallest possible size.
- Work at a constant rate (Cadence).
- Understand the true needs of stakeholders.
- Decentralize the decision-making process.
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- One or more relevant Agile certifications
Who will benefit?
This course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe implementation. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives, Leaders, Managers, and Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA, and IT Managers
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance personnel
- Enterprise, System, and Solution Architects